Thursday, February 12, 2009

"I'll be up in the gym just workin' on my fitness..."

I'm not really sure how the rest of that annoying Fergie song goes, but I've got that part stuck in my head because I joined a gym. (For real!) I've been wanting to start a workout routine for some time, but I just couldn't find the motivation to work out at home and the weather has made it fairly impossible to do much on the road. So last Saturday, I signed up for an 18-month membership at FitWorks in Stow-Kent. Of course I didn't go in looking to lock myself into a contract, but they make it so expensive to do a month-to-month membership that it was my best option to sign up and pre-pay for the entire time.

Its my goal to work out three days a week and participate in the yoga/pilates classes in addition to that. Zac is not convinced that I'll stick to it, but I'm going to show him! Right now, my arms/back/chest hurt so bad that I can barely brush my hair, but it feels great to actually do something again!

No comments: