Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ode to Sharpie


What is it about having 12 different colors of Sharpie pens that makes me happy? Maybe it's the fact that I can use a different pen every day. Purple sweater day = purple pen day. Red necklace day = red pen day. Awesome. Maybe it's because my notes look like artwork with all the different colors.  Maybe it's because if I lose one, I've got 11 more. (note: I lost my hot pink one - favorite Sharpie color - frustrates me every day I wear pink.) 

I think my Sharpies might have been the only thing that helped me get through this week of work. Seriously: this week was HARD! I wanted to have a nervous breakdown (aka cry like a baby) every single day. I've never viewed advertising or marketing as hard before. Challenging, yes.  But truly difficult, not really. Normally, I wake up in the morning looking forward to my day at work - to the challenge of solving problems and coordinating the chaos.  If it weren't for my lime green Sharpie, who knows what may have happened. 

So, the point: 
1. Hopefully this past week will turn out to be one of those: "you're better, smarter and more mature for having dealt with it" experiences. 
2. Multi-colored ultra-fine point Sharpies rock. 

No comments: