Tuesday, January 1, 2008

BFFs

BFFs. You know what they are - best friends foreva'.  I am super-lucky. I've got ones that have know me, seriously ... forever. They knew me back when I had braces and dressed like a tomboy. (yeah, yeah, I still do sometimes.)  They stuck by me through those weird high school years. We separated when we went to different colleges, and haven't done the best job of keeping in touch since then, but no matter WHAT, every time we get together, its like old times. We still know each other - inside and out.  The topics of conversations might be a little different now: work or babies vs. volleyball practice or homework.  

My other kind of BFFs: the wonderful, inspiring women who helped me though the transitional life of college. We don't see each other as much as we should (shame on us), but at least we can blame that to living in different states. 

And then there's the new BFFs. The ones that you really enjoy hanging out with and get attached to over a period of time before even realizing that they're reaching BFF-ism.  And when you realize it ... that's a cool revelation.  

BFFs are a blessing: old & new. My other new years resolution is to make sure my BFFs know just how much I love and appreciate them. 


 The oldest of the old BFFs: Kassie & Kate (Jenn couldn't make it)



 

No comments: