Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ugg boots

So, after trying on a billion pairs of winter boots, in the attempt to find something that is ...
1. Warm
2. Comfortable
3. Winter-weather-proof
4. Fit my big feet...
I finally broke down and purchased a pair of Ugg boots. 

I'm almost embarrassed to say how much I paid for them, but after dealing what I deal with to find shoes, it was totally worth it.  You see, about a month ago, on the Friday before the Christmas weekend, the owner of hfa walked around handing out $100 bills.  Sweet, I thought. I'll buy those pair of Steve Madden ugg-ish boots I've had my eyes on (on the Internet) for about a hundred dollars. I know some of you are thinking, "dang, $100 bucks for boots", but finding anyone who makes my size is a challenge in and of itself. So I bought the Steve Madden boots and waited for over THREE weeks for them to arrive. (Turns out they had to MAKE my size 12s, because nowhere in the country were they in stock!) So over three weeks later I finally get the boots to be totally disappointed. They were $100 made-in-China CRAP! 

So after all that, I shipped those cheap-smelling, totally not worth $100 boots back to where they came from (CHINA!) and ordered the real thing. Uggs. Of course, I paid more than what I would ever want to pay for boots, but I did get them the very next day. Side note: Zappos.com is awesome! Free overnight shipping both ways and no tax. Perfect for those like myself, who can't bear to wait for ground shipping! : )

Uggs truly are the most comfortable and warm boots I have ever put on my feet. Oprah was right ... they are a favorite thing.  I'm a believer. 

And, Zac wore them to take out the trash today. He thinks they are comf too. 

No comments: