Sunday, April 6, 2008

More house clean-up












This weekend we spent a lot of time over at the house removing wallpaper borders, prepping for paint and cleaning up the back yard. I never got a before pic. But just imagine this: Over two years of Oak leaves trapped within a chain-link fence + mucky water issues  in the far corner. Fun times. We've now got at least 40-50 huge trash bags filled with yard waste to be picked up by the garbage men 5-bags at time each week. 

My parents are pretty awesome. They've spent the past two weekends helping us with the yard clean-up. And they're not the only ones, my sister and bff-Jack also made guest appearances last weekend. They've got mad skills. 

Zac said something to me tonight as we were driving home from dinner with my parents. Side note - dinner which they treated US to, after THEY helped with the crazy yard work all day - and my dad's birthday is this week. Seems like we should have been the ones to treat to dinner, but that's just how they roll. Anyway, as we were driving home, Zac said that he was really learning a lot from my parents over the past few weeks about what it means to be good parents.  I can be so short and snotty to my mom, but then when I need her, she's always there. And my dad, he's just like the nicest guy ever and knows just about everything. They've been nothing but the bested role models my whole life and it means a lot that Zac sees that too.  

3 comments:

eva Frank said...

we'll have to borrow your parents when we move to town!

Stephanie Jabbour said...

you guys are really working hard over there! it's gonna be so awesome when you are all done and moved in! too bad my kids are gonna come over and trash the place all the time. LOL

Frank said...

Is your house haunted?

Becuse Zac has the full Ghost-buster pack working in that photo.