Thursday, April 10, 2008

Painting

This is the week of paint. Each night after work, Zac and I go to the house and ... paint. Well, more accurately, Zac paints and I watch or try to help in any way I can. You see, I have many skills, but precision and neatness are not really my thing. So I do as much as I can, but ultimately Zac gets ticked at the way I do things or I get frustrated at his snail pace. Good times. : )

We've had plenty of issues in this process. Dirty walls. Peeling paint. Weird orange dots. Poor prior paint jobs. More peeling paint. Yuck.

The issue we're now having is paint color. Weeks before we closed on the house, we toiled over paint colors since every inch needed to be refreshed. I think we brought home just about every swatch from the depot. We thought about it. We made pictures. We cut the swatches out individually and made a diagram. After pretending to be interior designers, we finally settled on a color scheme. All well and good, right? Not so much. We're finally getting color on the walls and it doesn't feel quite right. Either the colors we picked don't seem true to swatch - or on the walls, they just don't feel right. As a significant investment in time and money we're a bit frustrated. But hey, you can always repaint. Yeah right. Not in this lifetime. Let's just hope it starts to grow on us.

3 comments:

Stephanie Jabbour said...

Awww...you guys don't like the color? That stinks. I think paint always looks different on the wall than it did in the bucket. I remember when we painted our old front porch. We picked out a dark burgandy color to match our old shutters. after it dried-it looked HOT pink!! I am not kidding- so we re-painted it gray. LOL ;-)

Amber said...

Sometimes the true color comes out a day or two after the paint fully dries, so there is some hope. :-) We painted almost our whole house before we moved in too and it is a big job!!! You'll be glad you did it before all your stuff is in there, though.

Jaime said...

i love paint... i wish i could see it :) Its been a long time since we've chatted, congrats on the new home!