Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two sides of the coin

Heads
1. Work is crazy-busy-good. We just won a great account - KraftMaid, so it looks like I'm going to be swamped for the next few months at least. This is great for business and will give me the opportunity that I've been looking for. Yeah! We got the house and will close at the end of March. 

Tails
2. Everything else in life is stressing me out. I'm tired of winter. Buying a house is exciting, stressful and scary all at the same time. Timing is ironic. Things that are out of my control drive me nuts. Basically, my control-freak-ism is on high and I need to chill.  

I'm taping this verse in my car, on my mirror and in my cube - because this particular God-promise always makes me feel better: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! (love that part) Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

1 comment:

Stephanie Jabbour said...

one of my all- time favorite scriptures. when i was pregnant with jackson, i taped it on my bathroom mirror, because i would find myself worrying about the baby. it really helped me! ;-)