Monday, March 10, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

"Carrie, what did you do this weekend," you may ask. Well, my answer would have to be, NOTHING! Since the skies dumped over a foot of snow beginning Friday at noon and continuing all day Saturday, Zac's band show was canceled for the weekend. What I had hoped would turn out to be a romantic snowed-in weekend, was so NOT.

You see, when two people (named Zac and Carrie) are stuck in a very small condo with nothing good on TV, nothing good to eat, and nothing to do - patience is short, tempers flare and boredom makes it all ten times worse.

I am not the type of person who likes to be constrained. And when I'm told that I can't do something, I want to do it even more. When common sense tells me I can't run my Saturday errands because it's a friggin' blizzard, I get ticked. "Snap." - When Zac's bored, he gets ansy. When he gets ansy, his patience fizzles. "Crackle."

Add to the equation not having our parking lot plowed until 6 p.m. SUNDAY evening. Over a foot of snow + 2-wheel drive truck + 2 cranky people = POP!

If it weren't for our Jabbour intervention on Sunday, I don't know if we would have made it. Thank God for good, good friends, meatless chili, random Jackson comments, the Wii, and Eli hugs.

1 comment:

Stephanie Jabbour said...

Haha....you are too funny. we needed the interventiont too! ;-)