Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Washer & Dryer

So since we're buying a house, that also means that we need to buy a washer & dryer. great. So anyway, I've been doing my research because this is a significant purchase and we've decided that since we've got to buy all appliances for the house here is where we want to spend our money. Luckily, we got a free fridge from someone who knows someone, and found a used stove on Craigslist for $200.  I've convinced Zac to let me make the W&D decision because... seriously ... when's the last time he's done a load of laundry from start to finish? 

I had myself pretty well convinced that I wanted the Whirlpool Cabrio (top loader with no agitator), but after hearing a bunch of bad reviews first hand, I've changed my mind. So, now I'm back to deciding between the many front load sets out there. Any suggestions? 

Here's what matters to me. 1. Get the job done - make dirty stuff clean. 2. Be efficient - water & electricity are expensive. 3. Quality - I want this purchase to last for a long, long time. 

On a side note - to all those people out there who spend an extra $400 to get the "Arctic blue" or "Glacier Mist" colored machines that are exactly the same as their white counterparts ... you're crazy. 

3 comments:

Mama D said...

"seriously ... when's the last time he's done a load of laundry from start to finish?"

LOL! I don't have any words of advice, but good luck! :)

Stephanie Jabbour said...

i'm not crazy about mine....it's the same as yours now i think! so- you'll have to let me know what's good when you find out! ;-)

Christine Choate said...

I don't know this totally from personal experience, but I've heard from others that one of the best brands to buy as far as long lasting is Kenmore. I've not heard too many good things about GE/Whirlpool. So there's my 2 cents.