Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Choosing

Wow, buying a house is serious business. Searching, searching and then finally finding the one we want. Can we afford it? The bidding process. When, oh when are they going to accept our offer?!?! Falling more in love with the house day by day. Falling in love with the idea of OWNING a house. Finally having our bid accepted. YEAH! Paperwork out the wazoo. Not able to sleep because we're so excited! Talking to the mortgage guy. Calling the utility people (not fun). Scheduling inspections. Mind war between second-guesses and gut feelings. More paperwork. Leaving work early for this and that. Signatures, lots of signatures. More signatures. 

But some day soon ... maybe even as soon as March 15th ... we'll sign the last paper and 3669 Elm will belong to the Halls. Well ... in 30 years when we pay off our mortgage. : )

4 comments:

Amber said...

You basically nailed the whole home buying process in a nutshell! :-) It gets better - I promise.

Mama D said...

Amen sister! We're a couple of steps behind you, but when we're both done with everything we'll have to go out and celebrate!

Christine Choate said...

Yes, I remember when we bought our house, I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown right because of all the stresses, and my wonderful husband said something to me that has stuck with me..."Christine, when has God ever not taken care of us?". Those simple words calmed me down right before closing, and I've never forgotten them. It will all be worth it once you are in that house, making it yours!

Stephanie Jabbour said...

I am exctied too- and i can't wait to see the inside! We are so there when you get the keys! ;-)