Monday, March 31, 2008

Whirlwind of God's Goodness

   The past few days have been a whirlwind of activity. After some last minute craziness, we did take possession of the house on Friday.  Saturday and Sunday were spent installing door knobs, garage doors, cleaning up the yard (a big task!), cleaning up the inside, moving appliances, and on and on... The next few weeks are going to be a lot of work, but we're really excited and can't wait to move in asap.  Today, we decided to have the wood floors refinished, which will set our schedule back almost a week, but in the end, we'll have some sweet matching floors throughout! 

   So getting keyed sucks. My car, the beautify blue Jetta, who fell victim to random acts of key violence recently, is scheduled to get fixed in a few weeks (after the move). I'm finally past my "Why me?" rage and have moved on to a more subdued dislike for all trouble-making teenagers. (Sorry, if I'm totally stereotyping, but I can't help it right now.) I am thankful for my laser blue transportation even though it needs a bandaid and a new paint job. 

   The other large and looming thing that has been stressing me out lately: Portage County. Finally resolved! We went to court today and everything is OKAY! Yeah! We are so relieved and thankful that it's finally over. I don't think I have ever breathed such a sigh of relief. 

   Zac was taking some "before" pictures of the house tonight, so hopefully I'll be able to post tomorrow. I think the transformation is going to be pretty amazing! : ) Thanks to all our friends and family who've helped with the work so far. The leaves would have been overwhelming without all the hands to help out! 
   

2 comments:

Christine Choate said...

Yea! glad everything is working out.

Stephanie Jabbour said...

i'm glad i finally got to see the house this weeekend! it's gonna be awesome when it's done! so glad the portage county thing was resolved too. now- we're gonna go on a huge vacay! (just kidding)